This is a cookie recipe where the bacon isn’t overwhelming. Instead, the salty bacon helps bring out the sweetness of the cookie and the delicate bitterness of the dark chocolate chunks.
Ingredients (36 cookies)
- 6 slices American bacon
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Chop the bacon and place it in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat while turning the bacon occasionally until it is evenly browned. This will usually take around 10 minutes.
- Drain the bacon on paper towels.
- Crumble the bacon into a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter, eggs and vanilla until it is fluffy and smooth. (An electric mixer will shorten the time required for this step.)
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chunks and the crumbled bacon.
- Put a parchment paper on a cookie sheet and drop cookie batter by rounded spoonfuls onto it. (You may not be able to fit all the batter onto one sheet.)
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Take out the cookies and let them cool for 5 minutes in room temperature before you transfer them to a wire rack.
- Repeat step 8-11 until there is no more batter left.